Dec 1, 2008

Why?

I was 25 when I left India for the US. That was almost 15 years ago. India has given me a lot, including a heavily-subsidized top-rated technical education and I have given very little back to it in return. Watching the horror of the terrorist attacks on Mumbai unfold over the past 3 days finally jolted me to action. The occassional donations to charities and disaster relief funds are not going to be sufficient to overcome my guilt anymore. Over the past few days I have been searching and looking for a forum that allows people to freely discuss issues that plague India, to analyze events that offer hope, to organize the millions of voices on the internet, and to propel some of them towards action to change the Indian government and Indian politics for better. I found none. So here is a start. 

No comments: